After nearly 2 years of development, I am proud to announce the release of WhatToy.com, the upcoming sex-toy database that aims to collect every single piece of information about any and every sex toy out there in existence.
I decided the world needs a trustworthy "sex toy database", a place which recollects every adult toy by every sex toy manufacturer and brand, sold by every single adult store out there.
You see, there are sites out there that tell you all about the different kinds of Bikes, Books, Shoes, Gym equipment, etc. But there are no sites out there that have tried to do the same for adult toys. Why? I do not know. So I went on my mission to create this site.
What is WhatToy?
My goal with WhatToy is for it to become THE place to find out anything about toys. Be it to figure out what a product is made of, who it's made by, what other people think about it, where you can buy it, is anyone from the community selling one... things like that.
There are dozens if not hundreds of sites out there which are blogs, made by dedicated sex toy fans. While these are great, they are always the opinion of a single person. I've ALWAYS put focus on gathering the opinions of as many people as possible to be able to make a proper assessment on what should be ranked higher or not. I've done this on other projects and I've done this for WhatToy.
I have a very large vision for this site, I do not want it to become just another sex toy blog, oh no, I can see it becoming THE place of reference for interested buyers AND for companies alike. A way to connect the buyer + the manufacturer.
Main features of WhatToy
- Products: Of course, a list of every single product that exists, that has been made and that will be made. Categorized and detailed as much as possible.
- Brands: List of all brands/manufacturers that produce sex toys, information about them, the company, ratings, any issues they've had, etc.
- Stores: Just like the above, a list of stores that exist, pros/cons, locations, reviews and ratings, product availability and price tracking.
- Guides: Will eventually be a huge extensive library of anything and everything about sexuality, sexual happiness, sex toys, etc.
- Users! You'll be able to fully customize your account, not only sharing a simple about you page, but sharing your interests, kinks, collections, wish-list, reviews and ratings, custom avatar and much more.
- Forums: A safe and healthy environment for users to share their experiences, ideas, questions, collection showcases, tips, etc.
- Marketplace: A safe place for users to sell (unused) or body safe materials only to others. Whether they got them as gifts or goodies in sales, or duplicates, it'll become a place for users to trade their toys without worrying about possible issues.
- - Within the marketplace, just like the entire rest of the site, I custom made a very extensive listing + contract system, which will allow people to track user's selling/buying history to prevent scams, and allow users to feel extra safe when dealing online.
- Coupons and offers: gather a collection of all current sales, offers, price drops that are available all over the web.
- Giveaway: Every month, WhatToy will host a giveaway allowing THREE winners to win a toy of their own choice every single month. Simply by posting reviews, being active on the forums or just having an account on the site.
- News: Latest updates about sex toy brands, stores, etc.
- Transparency: A complete list of how WhatToy works, who WhatToy is an affiliate of, full details about the community and "business" behind the scenes.
- Usage tracker: Keep track of which toys you use, see detailed graphs of your favourite toys, when you're the most active during the week. Eventually, WhatToy will suggest toys based on your interest (comparing which toys you rated high during usage, vs which ones you rated low).
- Advisor: A next-gen advisor tool which will help you figure out which toy or product you should look into adding to your collection next.
- Product comparison: Compare multiple products at once in a quick glance, without having to have 10 tabs open.
- And much, much more planned in the future.
Things to note
It's possible there will be things that don't work, if that happens, please open a bug report on the forums (there is a dedicated bug report subforum under WhatToy, the first subforum).
There are already 2000 products on the site, but of course, that's far from everything. I'm slowly adding new things.
Stores/Brands are slowly being added too.
Product information will have some mistakes most likely.
Want to help even more?
I'm looking for someone, or a handful of people, who are interested in writing guides for the Guides section. This could be absolutely anything related to sexuality, sex toys, etc. Some examples would be "Beginners guide to bondage restraints", "Online vs in-store buying", "Choosing and using butt plugs for the first time", "Guide to big dildos", "Water based vs silicone lubes", etc. If you're interested, please message me. This is a paid position (quite limited budget at the beginning, will be generously increased once the website is released).